President Muhammadu Buhari on Thursday sacked the Director General of the Department of State Service, Mr. Ita Ekpenyong.
The Director of Communications in the Office of the Head of Civil Service of the Federation, Alhaji Haruna Imrana, announced the appointment of Mr. Lawal Musa Daura as the Acting DG of the DSS.
Here are seven things to know about the new DG:
- Daura was born on August 5, 1953 in Daura, Katsina state.
- He attended Ahmadu Bello University between 1977 and 1980.
- He started his career in the State Security Service and then rose to become a director in the service.
- He served as the State Director of Security service in Kano, Sokoto, Edo, Osun, Imo and Lagos States before his retirement.
- He was also a one time Deputy Director, Presidential Communication Command and Control Centre at the Presidential Villa Abuja between 2003 and 2007.
- He attended various professional courses including the National Institute for Policy and Strategic Studies, Kuru.
- President Buhari recalled him from retirement on July 2, 2015 to be the Director General of the State Security Service, replacing Ita Ekpeyong who occupied the position between September 7, 2010 and July 2, 2015.